- A New York City prosecutor on Wednesday announced charges against the police officer who killed Deborah Danner, a mentally ill woman, in her Bronx apartment in October.
- After a more than six-month investigation, NYPD Sergeant Hugh Barry was arrested on Wednesday.
- Barry has been indicted on charges of second-degree murder, first- and second-degree manslaughter and criminally negligent homicide, the New York Times reported.
- Barry, who has been suspended without pay, was stripped of his badge and placed on modified duty following the Oct. 18 incident.
- He is expected in a New York City court for arraignment Wednesday afternoon, the Times reported. Read more (5/31/17)