Van’s Honey Farms, Label for Honey Tin, circa 1940s – Hebron, Indiana by Steve Shook
Nature’s Most Wholesome
Net weight 5 Lbs.
Van’s Honey Farms
Rt. 4, Hebron, Indiana
Honey is likely to candy. To liquefy, place container
in warm water. Do not let the water boil.
Date: Circa 1940s
Source Type: Label
Publisher, Printer, Photographer: Unknown
Postmark: Not Applicable
Collection: Steven R. Shook
Remark: Van’s Honey Farms, located at Hebron, Porter County, Indiana, was owned and operated by brothers Jacob and Cornelius Van Wyngarden. Jacob and Cornelius purchased their Hebron-area bee yard from Fred B. Cavanagh in 1914 and operated a successful commercial apiary for many years. Jacob founded the Northwest Indiana Beekeepers Association, which still exists, around 1920.
Copyright 2018. All rights reserved. This image and associated text may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without prior written permission of Steven R. Shook.